Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Yard Sale Slam!

So we moved to our new house at the beginning of May. I was 3 weeks away from finishing up the school year, so I left the decorating until school was out. There were a few things I was still looking for that I didn't have at the old house.
1. Kitchen chairs-we had 2 tables, but no chairs. Who does that?
2. Night stands-actually I had one, but there wasn't one for Ray's side of the bed. Mine still needs to be refinished
3. Lamps- at least one for the living room and one more for our bedroom.
4. Side table(s)- we didn't have space in the living room before, but now, it would be helpful to have some side tables.
5. A storage solution for the bathroom- there's not enough space for towels and toiletries right now.

So, with a couple of trips to Goodwill and a weekend of yard sales a few weeks ago, this is what I've found. It's going to mean quite a few projects this summer, but I'm totally OK with that.

Here's what I found:
This picture and mirror $1.00 apiece. I'm going to put the mirror in our bedroom and hopefully a small table to make a vanity area for my jewelry. The picture I'm going get rid of and keep the frame. 







This hot mess little number I found at Goodwill for $4.00. It's going in my bathroom, I've got big plans for it!


This little side table is either going in the living room or our bedroom. I haven't decided yet, but it's going to get a makeover also.


I found this pair of lamps right before we moved. I paid $1.00 for the pair. They're going to get a good cleaning and maybe a little decoration. I found two lamp shades at Goodwill that I'm going to redo. They aren't quite the same size though. We'll see if the OCD gets the best of me. I may not keep these.



 This is the night stand that I got for Ray's side of the bed. Paid a little more than I wanted to for it (a whole $20.00), but it matches the feel of the other one. The other one needs some work, so this one will get refinished as well.


I also found these two lamps. They're going in the bedroom as "his & hers". I like that they are tall. Makes it better when you're reading in bed.


I also grabbed these two shades from Goodwill. They'll get a makeover too.


Finally, I found this set of candle sticks. They were a plain silvery gray. $1.50 at a yard sale, and coat of this beautiful blue spray paint, makes them ready to be the starting point for my bathroom decor.

Oh, and my grandma found me a set of kitchen chairs. They need a bit of work. Two chairs have a back slat missing. I need to figure out what to do about that. 
I'm looking forward to having some creative work to do, and the time to do it, this summer.
Stay tuned for before and after pics!

1 comment:

  1. Nice. Somewhere in our circle of friends is a painting of a fox hunt. The thing's been circulating for years, but I'm sure I could scrounge it up. It would look great in your new frame.

    ReplyDelete