Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Project time!

I finally worked on a little project! I found these lamps and shades at the GW (Goodwill). I didn't want them too matchy-matchy, but I did find two that look like his and hers.
Ray's lamp was pretty easy to cover, but mine was a little more challenging. but I got it done in a really pretty blue-grey color.
 
Then I pulled off the outer plastic, pleather type fabric from the lamp shades.

Hancock fabrics had a sale a few weeks back, so I picked a little bit of fabric that had the colors I wanted. I used the stripped fabric as a template. It was a good idea, but I should have just cut two large half-circles to get shades done without too many seams. I ended up piecing together bits of fabric to the the whole shade covered. Luckily, these are going in our bedroom, so there won't be too many eyes looking at them.

 I think they turned out pretty well, and if I ever get tired of them there, I can put them in the dining room. They look pretty good right here, don't they?




Finally, I made a dry erase board. I've had this frame for almost two years. I knew I could do something with it, and at $1.00 I couldn't pass it up. So I made sure to buy some fabric for it while I was at Hancock. Our upstairs loft space is going to be dual purpose craft room and library. A dry erase board will be the perfect way to write down ideas for future projects.
I'm so glad I had time to do a  little crafting today!

No comments:

Post a Comment